Meet LeAnn Daddario
Position at HOJ: Development Director
What could you not live without?
My faith, family, and friends. All three of these sew deeply into my life. I have to include the beach…it is my place of relaxation, reflection and refreshment!!
What is the scariest thing you’ve ever done?
Jumping out of a plane at 12,000 ft. I wasn’t truly terrified until I got right to the edge of the plane and then you have no choice but to jump. It is really beautiful that high up when you can see everything. I was so proud of myself for stepping outside of my comfort zone and I would do it again!!
Where is the most exciting place you’ve ever been?
Alaska. It is simply majestic beauty!! I was so overcome with the wildlife, snow capped mountains and the water. I definitely want to go back there.
Who is your hero, and why?
My former father-in-law. He was a tremendous example of what good man should look like. He was a God fearing man who loved his family and people. He was honest, faithful and just walked in integrity. I will never forget the example of his life. What an honor it was to know him.
What is your philosophy on life?
Here it is plain and simple. The five F’s. Faith, family, friends, freedom and fun.
What is your all time favorite joke?
I don’t have a favorite joke. I don’t tell jokes very well either because I don’t deliver the punch line very well. However I do enjoy blonde jokes. Imagine that!
What song would be included on the soundtrack to your life?
I can’t pick just one. I always say that I am not musical but I love music. If you came to my house I don’t have the TV on very much but I always have music running in the background. Each track would have a different genre. I enjoy gospel,country, jazz (I am originally from New Orleans),pop, classic rock and the symphony!! I truly love them all.
What did you want to be growing up?
This is going to sound really shallow but I wanted to be Jacqueline Smith (aka Kelly Garrett) on Charlie’s Angels. That’s the truth! I know you want some grandiose answer…President, Head of Neurology, Inventor of a life saving drug etc. but I was living in the moment.What can I say?
What inspires you to work at HOJ?
Judy and Carole Ann brought me to this dance and they inspire me. HOJ is the place where vision, laughter and getting the job done intersect! People change communities and I am proud to work for an organization that helps accomplish that.
Is there anything else you’d like to share about yourself?
There are several things…
1. I love being active. I enjoy running, playing tennis, skiing, exercise and scuba diving.
2. A good belly laugh is worth its weight in gold. A good cry runs a close second.
3. I love to cook. Gift idea…a week’s worth of cooking classes.Hint,hint,hint.
4. I love my girlfriends – they absolutely enrich my life.
5. I enjoy traveling. There are so many beautiful places to see, cultures to explore and memories to be made. Make a reservation some place right now.
6. Live in the NOW. If you live your life looking in the rear view mirror you can never move forward.
7. Face your fears!! When you work outside of your comfort zone personal growth begins.
8. I love the simple pleasure when someone makes me think differently about something. Just a change in perspective can make all the difference in the world.